How We Treat Your Personal Information
* Browsing HowToExpo.com You can watch videos on HowToExpo without having a HowToExpo Account. You also can contact us through the HowToExpo Help Center or by emailing us directly without having to register for an account.
* For some activities on HowToExpo, like uploading videos, posting comments, flagging videos, or watching Private or Rental videos, you need a HowToExpo Account. We ask for some personal information when you create an account, including your email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access. A HowToExpo Account, additionally, allows you to access other HowToExpo services that require registration.
* Usage Information. When you use HowToExpo, we may record information about your usage of the site, such as the channels, groups and favorites you subscribe to, which other users you communicate with, the videos you watch, the frequency and size of data transfers, and information you display about yourself as well as information you click on in HowToExpo (including UI elements, settings). If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your HowToExpo Account.
In order to ensure the quality of our service to you, we may place a tag (also called a "web beacon") in HTML-based customer support emails or other communications with you in order to confirm delivery.
* Content Uploaded to Site. Any personal information or video content that you voluntarily disclose online (e.g., video comments, your profile page) may be collected and used by others. If you download the HowToExpo Uploader, your copy includes a unique application number. This number, and information about your installation of the Uploader (version number, language) will be sent to HowToExpo when the Uploader automatically checks for updates and will be used to update your version of the Uploader. (At this point we haven't yet set up an uploading system so it is not yet available)
* If you submit personal information to HowToExpo, we may use that information to operate, maintain, and improve the features and functionality of HowToExpo, and to process any flagging activity or other communication you send to us.
* We do not use your email address or other personal information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent. We may use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major HowToExpo changes or for customer service purposes).
* If you have a HowToExpo Account, you may update or correct your personal profile information, email preferences and privacy settings at any time by visiting your account profile page.
* You may control the information that is available to other users and your confirmed friends at any time by editing your HowToExpo Account and the features that are included on your
Profile page. If you have enabled Active Sharing, other users may see that you, as identified by your account name, not your email address, are watching the same video.
* You may, of course, decline to submit personal information through HowToExpo, in which case you can still view videos and explore HowToExpo, but HowToExpo may not be able to provide
certain services to you. Some advanced HowToExpo features may use other Google services like Google Checkout or AdSense, bliptv. The privacy notices of those services govern the use of your personal information associated with them.
Advertising on HowToExpo
* HowToExpo strives to provide you with relevant and useful advertising and we use the DoubleClick cookie, as well as other third party ad serving systems,
to do so. We may use a range of information including cookies, web beacons, IP addresses, usage data and other non-personal information about your computer
or device (such as browser type and operating system) to provide you with relevant advertising. If you are logged into your HowToExpo Account, we may also
show you advertising based on the information you have provided to us in your HowToExpo Account.
* We use the DoubleClick cookie on HowToExpo to help advertisers and publishers serve and manage ads on this site and other Google and AdSense partner websites.
Advertisers may serve ads based on interests associated with non-personally identifiable online activity, such as videos viewed, frequency of uploading or
activity on other AdSense partner sites. Advertisers may also serve ads to you based on previous activity on that advertiser's website. This non-personally
identifiable information is held separately from your HowToExpo Account data, or other personally identifying information in our possession.
* You may view, edit and add to the categories used to provide you with interest-based advertising in the Ads Preferences Manager for the DoubleClick cookie.
Your ads preferences will be respected across HowToExpo, AdSense partner sites and Google sites using the DoubleClick cookie to serve such ads. For more
information about interest-based advertising and the Ads Preference Manager see our FAQ.
* You also may choose to opt out of the DoubleClick cookie at any time. If you select the DoubleClick opt-out cookie, ads delivered to your browser by our
ad-serving technology will not be served based on the DoubleClick cookie. Find more information here about opting out of the DoubleClick cookie.
* Other third-party ad serving companies may display ads on HowToExpo, provided they comply with our ad serving requirements. HowToExpo does not provide any
personal information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent. You should consult the respective privacy policies of these
third-party ad servers or ad networks for more information on their practices and for instructions on how to opt-out of certain practices. HowToExpo's privacy
policy does not apply to, and we cannot control the activities of, such other advertisers or web sites. Any data obtained by third-party ad servers subsequently