Chicken Livers Recipe
Chicken Livers Recipe - Lebanese Cuisine
How is this a Lebanese Cuisine Chicken livers recipe? Well a friend of mine from Lebanon gave me this recipe. So it may be made this way in other parts of the world. Very simple and easy recipe and full of flavor. Perfect as a side dish, or a mezza. If you give this Lebanese Cuisine Recipe a try please do post a comment, or if you have your version of this recipe post a comment as well. Enjoy!
1) Cut the chicken livers to equal sizes for even cooking. Remove any fat or membranes, and wash in the sink and drain all the excess water. Place into a mixing bowl.
2) In the same mixing bowl that the livers are in, add the garlic, dried mint, salt, cayenne pepper (to taste) and olive oil.
3) Mix all the ingredients together well, cover with plastic wrap and place in the refridgerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour to marinate well.
4) When ready to cook, heat up a saute or frying pan, and pour all the ingredients including the oil and spices it marinated in, onto the pan.
5) Cook for about 5 minutes or until all the red is gone and is well cooked.
6) Pour in the juice of 1 lemon and cook for an additional 1 minute.
7) Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, and your favorite bread.
- 16 oz chicken livers
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon of salt or to taste,
- 4 to 5 cloves of crushed garlic
- sprinkle of cayenne pepper (optional & to taste)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped (garnish)