Moujadara Whole Brown Lentil Bulgur Pilaf
Healthy brown or green lentil with whole grain Bulgur pilaf. Topped with carmelized onion with just a little oil is full of Iron and nutrition. Add this recipe to your menu and follow the easy instructions in this video. Mujadara is an easy Mediterranean vegetarian / vegan dish. Served perfect with a salad and yogurt drink called Tahn or Ayran or Dugh. Find the recipe for yogurt drink on our site. You will need a stock pot, frying pan, strainer, mixing bowl and a utensil. Cooking great healthy whole grain food made delicious and easy. Also an excellent diet.
1) 2 Cup Green / Brown Lentil - Cleaned and washed
2) In a stock pot pour the 6 cups of water and the clean lentil and cook for 20 minutes covered.
3) Slice the onion in thin long strips and in a frying pan with 3/4 cup olive oil. Saute until browned.
4) Once the lentil is cooked, drain in a colander but reserve the liquid.
5) In the same stock pot, measure 2 cups of the liquid and 1 cup of bulgur and cook until soft and tender. Salt to taste. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
6) Mix together the lentil with the bulgur.
7) Remove the browned onion onto a plate.
8) Pour the oil that the onion browned in over the bulgur and lentil and mix together.
9) Serve with the browned onions as a garnish. Enjoy! *NOTE - Rice can be used instead of the bulgur. Bulgur is more nutritious than rice.
- 2 cups green / brown lentil - cleaned and washed
- 6 cups water
- 2 large onions - thin long slices
- 1 cup #4 Bulgur
- 2 cups Reserved liquid of the bulgur
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 cup Olive Oil